Thursday, March 19, 2009

Say goodbye to the Peanuts gang

So I was tres miserable at the ol' MLife call center and I faked a perforated ear drum as well as a family emergency which meant that I missed too many days during the good ol' probation period and therefore they had to let me go. Thank fucking god. I loathed that job. Cubicles blow. Also the job itself blew, helping angry rich people move their $ around within these horrible annuity contracts. A) I would never invest in an annuity so why would I want to work at something I don't believe in and B) I had to drive to WDM everyday and battle for a parking space and C) Life is too short to be stuck doing something you hate even for a minute. My mother disagrees with that, ye ol' happy martyr, but I'm pursuing other things. Back to politics perhaps, I'm good at it and there are causes worth getting my ass out of bed for. This brief stint in corporate America helped me gain perspective on that. Wish me luck.

No comments: